After a wet start, the day turned nice and sunny. We decided to take a break from clearing the area around the former signal box and instead tackled the vegetation which has been slowly taking over the bank behind the ‘up’ platform again. We managed to clear a good part of the bank after a few hours’ hard work. Our replica disc and crossbar signal has also recently benefitted from a repaint, and we think the colours are now closer to the original (although we only have black & white photos to go from).
Sadly we have to report another case of mindless vandalism at the station site. Recently someone decided it was a good idea to throw plant pots and stones into the wildlife pond we had recently created on the ‘down’ platform. We have now cleared away the mess so everyone else can enjoy this area.